Joined System: 1969
At a Glance:
The University of Arkansas at Little Rock, located in the state‚Äôs capital city, offers a comprehensive academic experience at the baccalaureate, master‚Äôs and doctoral levels; innovative research opportunities; a quality faculty educated from around the world; and a rich student life experience with athletics, housing, study abroad, Greek life and service learning.
Student success is the university‚Äôs top priority for all students who range from recent high school graduates to mid-life adults and senior citizens. As the most diverse university in the state, Ō„Ĺ∂ ”∆Ķ Little Rock fulfills one of the state‚Äôs greatest needs by increasing the number of college graduates in Arkansas. Our students include traditional residential students, part-time students, and graduate and professional degree seekers. The caring faculty and staff work closely with students to provide career preparation and research opportunities in world-class facilities and programs like the Center for Integrative Nanotechnology Sciences and MidSOUTH, the community service and social work center of Ō„Ĺ∂ ”∆Ķ Little Rock.
Ō„Ĺ∂ ”∆Ķ Little Rock faculty possess a wide range of expertise in a host of academic disciplines exposing students to current research techniques and cutting-edge technology. Our faculty have imbued the university with multi-million dollar grants to develop advances in healthcare and contribute to the latest developments in cybersecurity. Students are at the forefront of these efforts through the university‚Äôs Signature Experience program where they actively engage in research and community service opportunities under the direction of experienced faculty.
The university is widely recognized for its involvement in public issues such as race and ethnicity, criminal justice and pre-kindergarten to 12th-grade education. Ō„Ĺ∂ ”∆Ķ Little Rock‚Äôs students, faculty, and staff are active in service-learning activities around the state through partnerships with trusted institutions such as the University District Partnership, Clinton School of Public Service, and Children International.
Points of Pride
- Ō„Ĺ∂ ”∆Ķ Little Rock is a public university with more than 9,500 full- and part-time students enrolled in more than 130 programs of study in five colleges, the Graduate School, Clinton School of Public Service, and the William H. Bowen School of Law.
- As a metropolitan university in the heart of Arkansas, Ō„Ĺ∂ ”∆Ķ Little Rock has created unlimited pathways for students to find a quality, yet affordable,‚Äč education. The university awards millions‚Äč of dollars in scholarships every year.
- Most Ō„Ĺ∂ ”∆Ķ Little Rock classes are small with an average 14-to-1 student-to-faculty ratio. The university is the most diverse institution in Arkansas with students who come from all over Arkansas, as well as other states and foreign countries.
- Ō„Ĺ∂ ”∆Ķ Little Rock is home to 15 sports including the first Division I wrestling program in Arkansas. Ō„Ĺ∂ ”∆Ķ Little Rock‚Äôs student-athletes excel inside and outside the classroom. As a group, they have the highest Division I graduation success rate in the state boasting 13 straight semesters with a cumulative GPA of 3.00.
- Ō„Ĺ∂ ”∆Ķ Little Rock‚Äôs location at the seat of state government affords unique access to corporate, government, and nonprofit opportunities for jobs, internships, research and professional mentoring, and a range of cultural and recreational opportunities. Ō„Ĺ∂ ”∆Ķ Little Rock Downtown is located in the city‚Äôs bustling River Market District connecting university resources with the community and metropolitan partners through lectures, exhibits, and receptions.
- Classified by the Carnegie Foundation as an R2 (‚ÄúHigh Research Activity‚ÄĚ) institution, Ō„Ĺ∂ ”∆Ķ Little Rock offers a range of doctoral-level research across disciplines and produces a greater percentage of doctoral degrees than any other institution in the state. In 2018, the total amount of research grants awarded to Ō„Ĺ∂ ”∆Ķ Little Rock totaled more than $32,500,000 and more than $285,000,000 within the last decade.
- Students at Ō„Ĺ∂ ”∆Ķ Little Rock gain real-world experience through the Signature Experience program where they actively engage in research and community service. Generous donors provide funding for the program.
- Historic Coleman Creek runs through the natural tree-lined campus passing environmentally friendly structures including one of the newest buildings, the (LEED) Silver-rated 64,000 square-foot Windgate Art + Design Center, a facility that elevates and expands art education in Arkansas.
- Other modern‚Äč facilities include the Engineering and Information Technology building, the West Residence Hall, the Center for Integrated Nanotechnology Sciences, Coleman Sports and Recreation Complex, Charles W. Donaldson Student Services Center, the Windgate Center of Art + Design, and the newest facility, the Greg L. Hatcher Wrestling Center. Additionally, the modern Nursing Building features a state-of-the-art simulation lab for students enrolled in the Nursing program, one of the university‚Äôs most popular degrees.
- Get more fast facts about Ō„Ĺ∂ ”∆Ķ Little Rock at our and more detailed student outcomes information at the institution‚Äôs .